Follow us on Spotify

Kwekwe Karu: All that Jive - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer

Listen to All that Jive by Kwekwe Karu on Deezer. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favorite tracks with your friends.

Monday, September 21, 2015

Full Spectrum SJ4000 Action Cam plus SolarForce L2 with IR insert YAY Nightvision Take 2

Full Spectrum SJ4000 Action Cam plus SolarForce L2 with IR insert YAY Nightvision Take 2 , I took a Clone of the SJCam SJ4000 and converted it to Full Spectrum. This allows me to shoot in pitch darkness while using an Infrared light source which is unseen by human eyes but the converted camera picks up quite readily. This was a relatively simple conversion and took me under 10 minutes to do. Local folks talking about forming a Ghost Hunting/Paranormal Group and it piqued my interest so tried to do this as inexpensively as possible and think I succeeded quite well. The Camera still needs some tweaking in the Focus department. Suprised that GoPro hasn't jumped on this bandwagon. Maybe make one called the GoPro NightShot for the folks who don't ant to gut their camera to do this. Perhaps include a Cage and a Screw on IR Block filter for daylight use. I was SHOCKED at how bright the SolarForce L2 with the Infrared Bulb assembly was, my initial attempts were blowing out facial fewatures. Once I moved the light back 7-8 feet from the subject it looks alot better and covers a larger area to boot. Any of you in the local area wishing your Action Cam to be converted, I'd likel do it for $50 or so unlike the Conversions for DSLR's that cost nearly $300 Thanks for visiting! I look forward to seeing you over on my youtube channel, http://youtu.be/mJbl5rKg_1U where you will have much more content coming your way, or you can subscribe to this blog for updates

No comments:

Post a Comment