Follow us on Spotify

Kwekwe Karu: All that Jive - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer

Listen to All that Jive by Kwekwe Karu on Deezer. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favorite tracks with your friends.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Takstar SGC-598 Shotgun Mic Quick Look at Mad Mohawk Films

Takstar SGC 598 Shotgun Mic Quick Look at Mad Mohawk Films we are having a quick listen to the Takstar Shotgun Mic as so many people told us that it's an excellent budget mic. As always let your own ears guide you to a decision. I shot this with the Bass Rolloff turned on and the +10 DB boost turned off. Outdoors in wind I'd recommend getting a Dead Cat as I doubt the included foam windscreen will help enough. This video was shot with the Takstar about 4.5 feet away . I used my go to light for quick setup, the Neewer CN-160, it's the only light on in the studio and I used the included Yellow/Orange diffuser which warms things up nicely. I shot this with my Sony A7 with the Sigma 60mm F2.8 Art Lens on it. I shot wide open at F2.8 and had the shutter speed set to 1/50 of a second and the Frame rate was 24 FPS.At some point I'll do a Head to head shootout between this inexpensive Shotgun mic and some of my much more expensive ones so you can hear them side by side and get a better idea of the quality of this microphone or lack of quality. Again everyone hears things differently so you may come to different conclusions than I do. I'm not here to sell you a Mic so if you like or dislike this mic it's of little consequence to me. Please Give us a Thumbs up and Subscribe Visit our Website at http://www.madmohawkfilms.com our Store at http://store.madmohawkfilms.com and of course our Blog at http://blog.madmohawkfilms.com Thanks for visiting! I look forward to seeing you over on my youtube channel, http://youtu.be/Kk-cgZw_Olk where you will have much more content coming your way, or you can subscribe to this blog for updates

No comments:

Post a Comment