Follow us on Spotify

Kwekwe Karu: All that Jive - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer

Listen to All that Jive by Kwekwe Karu on Deezer. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favorite tracks with your friends.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Want to Know if a Film's Story Really Works? Don't Watch the Trailer

When was the last time you saw a movie you knew almost nothing about?

Outside of the film festival circuit, going to a movie without watching the trailer first has become exceedingly rare for most moviegoers. Even if you do actively try to avoid trailers, autoplays bombard you all over the internet from banner ads and newsfeeds.

But if you really want to see if a film’s story works, don’t watch the trailer first.

I should admit this right now: I love trailers, especially on the big screen. When they do their job well, trailers make me want to see a film without revealing too much about the story.

But once I know I want to see a film, I actively avoid all trailers and clips. Why spoil even the smallest detail?

One of my favorite films last year was Ex Machina. I went to see the film purely based on its print ad in the Sunday New York Times, knowing nothing else about it. No trailers. No film stills. No in-depth reviews from critics.

Read More



from No Film School http://ift.tt/1TqZjbr

No comments:

Post a Comment