Follow us on Spotify

Kwekwe Karu: All that Jive - Music Streaming - Listen on Deezer

Listen to All that Jive by Kwekwe Karu on Deezer. With music streaming on Deezer you can discover more than 56 million tracks, create your own playlists, and share your favorite tracks with your friends.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Audio-Technica AT2020 Versus ATR-2500 Large Diaphragm Condenser Mic shoot out

Doing a quick head to head comparison of the Audio-Technica AT2020 Large Diaphragm Condenser mic with XLR connector versus the ATR-2500 which has a built in USB interface as someone mentioned in one of the forums I frequent that "You should NEVER buy a USB Mic" Since I own ALOT of microphones, some of which I've had since the 1970's I took up the mantle and made this video. I plugged the AT2020 into a Blue Icicle XLR to USB interface and recorded it's sound directly into Apple's Garageband on my Mac. I then plugged my ATR-2500 into the Mac and recorded it's sound in Garageband. I then used Apple's FCPX to replace the scratch audio recorded by my Sony A7 and replaced it with the Audio recorded into Garageband using the Clip Synch function. Let what YOU hear guide your decision whether a microphone with a USB interface built in is inherently worse than one with an XLR connector.

No comments:

Post a Comment